The skincare routine you need post recovering from an illness
When we get sick, our face turns pale or yellow, the glow vanishes and fine lines appear. Depending on the illness, people can experience other side effects too. Due to dehydration, lack of sleep or other symptoms that come with an illness, you might end up with a tired-looking, irritated and puffy face. This is why doctors and skin specialists recommend that you follow a special skincare routine after recovering from a long illness. Other than just following a simple and quick CTM skin care routine, try out something new and add new steps to your regime to get your youthful skin back.
Your skin needs multiple layers of protection and with the right products, you can provide it with just that. If you do not want to go through the tedious process of trying out different routines to get to the best one, use our expert guide and curate a regime as per the tips mentioned below.
Skincare regime for people who recently recovered from an illness
- Mild cleanse
- Facial oil or Vitamin E oil
Start your skincare regime with a double cleanse. First, wash your face with an oil-based cleanser. Then use a water-based cleanser to get rid of all the dirt. This will help dissolve all kinds of impurities and leave you with a clean face.
Use a cucumber toner or a face mist after washing your face. You can also apply rose water if you do not have a toner at home.
This step is inspired by South Korea’s 10-step skincare routine for glass-like skin. After toner, you must apply few drops of essence on your skin to help accelerate the repairing and regenerating process.
Now, it’s time to apply some nourishing serum to your face. Take a few drops of Vitamin C or hyaluronic acid serum on your fingers and apply it all over your face. Massage gently till the product gets absorbed.
Take a non-comedogenic moisturiser that doesn’t have fragrance, paraben, mineral oil or harmful chemicals in it. You can also opt for a gel-based moisturiser if you have oily skin. Opt for a thicker formula if you have dry skin.
Facial oil or Vitamin E oil
Once the moisturiser gets properly absorbed in the skin, apply facial oil or Vitamin E oil on your face. And massage for 10-15 minutes.
Other than this 6-step skincare routine, you can also follow a 10-step skincare routine for quicker recovery. Make sure that you apply a nourishing lip balm on your lips after your skincare regime. And, do not forget to follow the tips mentioned below along with this routine.
Extra skincare tips
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water every day
- Switch your pillow covers and opt for satin ones
- Switch your basic skincare routine with the one that targets your skin problems
- Follow nighttime and daytime skincare routines
- Eat nutritious meals and avoid eating junk food
- Use natural remedies to treat skin issues instead of opting for chemical-based products
- Make sure that you avoid using skincare products that clog pores
- Do not touch your face with dirty fingers
- Do not wear dirty face masks
- Replace your products with the ones that have anti-ageing properties
- Do not skip applying SPF on summer days