Dr. Prathibha Babshet, Ayurveda Expert, The Himalaya Drug Company, says, “In winters, focus on maintaining the moisture balance of your baby’s skin. To ensure that, use extra-moisturizing baby products for your baby’s extra delicate skin, enriched with the goodness of herbs and oils. Be it a shampoo, cream, lotion, or a soap, choose products that are gentle, safe, and researched.”
Here are a few ways to take good care of your baby’s skin during this season
· Keep a check on the weather and decide if you want to wash your baby’s hair. Also, check the water temperature and use warm water, as hot water can hurt the protective layer of your baby’s skin.
· Choose an extra-moisturizing body wash for bath. Using one with the goodness of Indian Aloe, Almond Oil, and Olive Oil, which are well-known moisturizers, can help prevent post-bath dryness. You can also opt for a mild, soap-free cleanser, or a body wash with the above ingredients.
· Make sure you moisturize your baby’s skin post bath. Opting for a baby lotion with the goodness of natural ingredients like Almond Oil and Olive Oil will help protect skin from excessive dryness.
· Protect your little one’s chapped cheeks, ‘crawler’s knee’, tender nose, and rubbed elbows with a baby cream enriched with Country Mallow, as it is known for its antioxidant and skin-conditioning properties, and Olive Oil, which helps prevents chafing.
· Give your baby a good oil massage regularly, as it improves blood circulation and keeps skin healthy. Also, dress your baby in warm, comfortable jumpers or overalls and head and ears covered with caps or hoods. At the same time, keep in mind to not go overboard with the layers of clothes.